ACBC at a glance
ARENAC COUNTY — The following is a comprehensive summary of the Arenac County Board of Commissioners Meeting on March 3, 2009:
• Motion 1 – It was moved by District V Commissioner Joseph Sancimino to authorize the court appointed attorney contract as approved and signed by 81st District Court Judge Alan Yenior and the attorneys. The motion was seconded by District III Commissioner Michael Snyder and was carried.
• Motion II – District I Commissioner Robert Luce moved to approve the contracts of Larry Watson, George Wissmiller and Larry Dantzer at the rate of 70/30 with the building official at 80/20. Luce made special mention to be recorded reflecting the voluntary reduction from 73-percent to 70-percent. The motion was seconded by District IV Commissioner Ronald Branda and was carried.
• Motion III – It was moved by Sancimino and seconded by Branda to place an advertisement in the paper requesting bids to repair/replace the probate court vault door. Motion was carried.
• Motion IV – Commissioner Sancimino moved to place an advertisement in the paper requesting bids for the county website with himself as board contact. The motion was seconded by Snyder and carried.
• Motion V – Sancimino moved to order computer equipment for the offices of the treasurer, register of deeds and clerk in the amount of $6,470 to be paid as follows: $1,335 from PA105 funds, $1,252 from PA123 funds and $3,883 from maintenance savings. The motion was seconded by Snyder and was carried.
• Motion VI – Motion to authorize treasurer to sign PA105 Homestead Compliance was tabled.
• Motion VII – Sancimino moved and was seconded by Luce to replace current Michigan State University (MSU) committee representative from Snyder to Luce. Motion carried.
• Motion VIII – District II Commissioner/Chairman Raymond Daniels stated no motion was needed, but that he and Commissioner Luce will meet with Arenac Abstract to discuss/resolve issues with register of deeds.
The Arenac County Board of Commissioners meet every first and third Tuesday of each month whereas it holds a “Committee of a whole” meeting from 8:30 a.m. through Noon and a “Board Meeting” from 1:30 p.m. through the end of its scheduled business – roughly 3:30 p.m.