Minor gas leak reported at casino
STANDISH TWP. — A natural gas leak at the Saganing Eagle’s Landing Casino Jan. 8 was only minor, according to Frank Cloutier, public relations manager for the Saginaw-Chippewa Indian Tribe.
Cloutier told the Independent the casino staff was planning on evacuating patrons, but after the gas leak was inspected, it was decided that clearing out the casino was not necessary.
“Our gas leak wasn’t that big of a deal,” he said. “Consumers (Energy) got there and did an assessment, and then they canceled the evacuation.”
An email forwarded to the Independent from Cloutier said that about 20 cars did leave the parking lot before casino patrons were informed they did not have to leave.
Cloutier said the gas leak was repaired on Wednesday around 1:45 p.m.