No injuries in Gibson Township fire
GIBSON TWP. — A fire that is believed to have started due a wood stove issue at a house on Carter Road in Gibson Township did not result in any injuries, according to Gibson Township Fire Chief Dan Chapman.
Chapman said the fire caused substantial damage inside the house, especially in the attic. The fire will be investigated, he said, and could be classified as a total loss after the investigation is completed.
The fire was reported at approximately 2:30 p.m., according to Chapman.
The Gibson Township Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Standish Area Fire Authority, the Sterling Area Fire Department and the Mount Forest Fire Department. Northern Bay Ambulance assisted with traffic control.