September 27, 2016

No injuries in Turner Township house fire

Tim Barnum
Twining-Mason-Turner Fire Department trucks are parked on Mackinaw Road as firefighters work to extinguish the smoldering blaze.
Tim Barnum
A hose runs from a fire truck to the house, as firefighters work underneath the home's floor to fully extinguish the fire.
Tim Barnum
Twining-Mason-Turner Fire Department trucks are parked on Mackinaw Road as firefighters work to extinguish the smoldering blaze.
Photo
1
2
3
4/29/14

TURNER TWP. — No one was injured in an April 29 house fire reported at approximately 2 p.m. on the 2100 block Mackinaw Road in Turner Township.

According to Charlie Norton, a Twining-Mason-Turner Fire Department firefighter at the scene, the fire was contained to roughly one-third of the house, mostly beneath the floor. The fire was believed to be electrical. Morton said the majority of the damage was caused by smoke and water.

The Au Gres-Sims-Whitney Fire Department provided mutual aid at the scene, and an MMR ambulance was on standby.

Comments

Please review our community guidelines before posting

Please keep comments on topic and appropriate for all ages. Remember that people of all ages read our website. Those that are not appropriate will be removed. Please read our full community guidelines before posting.

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment

Copyright © 2016, Sunrise Publishing. Powered by: Creative Circle Advertising Solutions, Inc.