Writers… spook the county!
Do you know a house in the county that is haunted? Maybe you know an abandoned building that is rumored to have an unpleasant story behind it. If so, “the Arenac County Independent” wants you to share your scary stories for the Halloween issue (Oct. 29). Rules are as follows.
1. Entrants will be grouped in only two categories – High school and adult (out of high school).
2. Stories must be 450 words or less. This will be strictly enforced.
3. Scary stories can be fictional, but must include a real location within the county.
4. Photos are not necessary, but will weigh in the discretion of the winning piece of writing (if the scary place is located on private property, please get permission of property owner before entering the premises for photos, do not TRESPASS).
5. Stories deemed too graphic, gory or inappropriate will be disqualified. Please use common sense and keep scary stories clean.
6. All entries will be subject to editing for content, length and grammar.
7. Prizes are to be announced at a later time.
8. Be creative and have fun!
The deadline for entries is Oct. 24. NO EXCPETIONS! Try to chill the bones of the Independent’s readers. The two winning entries, as judged by the editorial staff, will run in the Oct. 29 issue of “the Arenac County Independent” with the photos included with the stories on a designated Halloween page. Please submit your scary stories and associated pictures at www.arenacindependent.com under the “Share a Story” and “Share a Photo” tabs along the right side of the Web site. Please specify the story any photos correspond with.